Doctor of Medicine2009 - 2013University of Sint Eustatius School of Medicine
Bachelor of Medical Science2009 - 2011University of Sint Eustatius School of Medicine
Medical Science (Non-Degree)2007 - 2009Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Bachelor of Science2003 - 2007The University of Western OntarioMajor in Chemistry; Major in Biology
Medical Researcher2013 - PresentRobarts Research Institute, The University of Western Ontario
- Coordinate clinical research projects including study design, protocol development, study monitoring, timeline tracking, budgeting, RA training, and patient recruitment.
- Manage clinical trials in accordance with SOPs, GCP requirements, and government regulatory compliance. Facilitate execution of pharmacological and medical device validation studies with Health Canada compliance.
- Train stakeholders for accurate study implementation and effective recruitment. Leading by example I actively recruit study participants alongside RAs working on my projects.
- Complete statistical analyses and reporting of results. Author and review literature for publication. Interpret literature and its industrial and market application. Have reviewed leading medical textbooks for accuracy leading to publication.
- Prepare funding and ethics applications leading to successful project approvals including academic and industry sponsored partnerships.
- Complete toxicological extraction of cortisol from human hair samples for both diagnostic and research purposes.
- Maintain a network of key expert opinion leaders.
- Organized and Co-chaired an international medical conference facilitating effective collaboration and exchange of information amid global leaders.
- I actively pursue professional development, project management, and clinical research training programs to enhance my abilities. I have received extensive training and professional development through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative [CITI] and Mitacs Step programs. For a complete list vis my Professional Development page.
Math & Science Tutor2014 - 2017Private in-home math & science tutoring services for high-school students.
Co-Chair CGCM 20152014 - 2015Consortium for Globalization of Chinese Medicine, Local Organizing Committee
- Co-chaired, organized, and hosted the week long 14th Meeting of the Consortium for Globalization of Chinese Medicine (CGCM) at Western University in London, Ontario, Canada. Acted as the "go-to" person for all meeting activities. I was responsible for all meeting arrangments, scheduling, program development, budgeting, and fundraising to support this conference.
- The CGCM (est. 2003) at the time of our meeting consisted of 144 member institutes and 18 industrial affiliates worldwide. The CGCM positions itself as a global, non-profit, non-discriminatory and non-political organization with a mission to advance Chinese herbal medicine to benefit all of human kind through joint efforts of the academic institutions, industry, and regulatory agencies around the world.
Forensic Technologist (Toxicology)Summer 2007Gamma-Dynacare Medical LaboratoriesConducted forensic analysis of blood and urine samples for the healthcare and the life insurance industries. Ensured chain of custody was aptly maintained at all times to safeguard validity and legality of results in Canada’s only SAMSHA certified laboratory.
Wilderness Canoe Tripping GuideSummers 2002-2005, 2007Camp Pathfinder, Algonquin ParkWorked as a team leader with fellow staff members to lead successful canoe tripping expeditions throughout Algonquin Park and Northern Ontario ranging from overnight to 20+ days. Destinations included Algonquin Park, Lake Superior, and James Bay. Visit www.camppathfinder.com for information regarding the goals and mission of this great organization.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant, HaematologySummer 2005Gamma-Dynacare Medical LaboratoriesPerformed routine hematology with minimal supervision permitting effective diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Residence Advisor, Saugeen Maitland Hall2004 - 2005The University of Western OntarioDeveloped, facilitated, & delivered effective programs and presentations to meet the needs of the students in residence and the programming model set out by Western Housing. Provided residents with a secure foundation for their transition and growth into university life while creating a community atmosphere in residence.
1st Place, Clinical Research Oral PresentationMay 201730th Annual Department of Paediatrics Research Day, Children's Hospital of Western Ontario, London Health Sciences CentrePresentation Title: Oral morphine versus ibuprofen for at-home post-operative orthopaedic pain in children: a randomized controlled trial.
Excellence in Leadership AwardApril 2005The University of Western Ontario Gold; Awarded by University President Paul Davenport in recognition of exemplary accomplishments and contributions in the Residences, Campus and London Communities.
Click Here to view a complete list of my publications detailed separately.
Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans2014 - Present Tri-Council Policy Statement, Course on Research Ethics (TCPS 2: CORE)
Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates2013 - PresentECFMG Certification #0-823-410-6
Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI)2009 - PresentAdvanced Open Water Diver; Enriched Air (Nitrox) Diver
Smart Serve Ontario2004 - PresentResponsible Alcohol Beverage Service Training
For a complete list of recent professional development training and courses Click Here.
Medical & Scientific Societies
Canadian Society of Pharmacology and Therapeutics2017 - Present
Crumlin Sportsmens' Association2015 - Present
Beach Grove Golf & Country Club2008 - Present
Knights of Columbus, Council #96712003 - Present
Slideluck (London, Ontario)March 2017 - PresentEvent Organization Team, Event BartenderSlideluck brings together diverse groups of people, artwork, food, music, ideas and perspectives under one roof. From this diversity something unique and magical is born. The work of established artists is shown alongside that of emerging and non-professional artists, with no distinction between them. Each event is localized, so artists from a community are presenting work to that community. http://slideluck.com/event/london-on/
Student Government Association (U. of Sint Eustatius)2009 - 2013Student Body President, Class President
University Research Committee (U. of Sint Eustatius)2010 - 2011Student Body Representative
Lawson Health Research Institute2006 - 2007Research AssistantWorked under the guidance of Dr. Michael Kovacs on the development of a protocol for and the production of radioactive [F18]-Fluoroethylcholine for diagnostic and research use in PET nuclear medicine imaging.
Teaching Awards Committee2006 - 2007The University of Western Ontario
University Students' Council 2006 - 2007The University of Western Ontario
Science Students' Council2006 - 2007The University of Western Ontario